Graduate Diploma in Jewellery Designing & Management – 1 Year
Aspiring jewellery design students will have the chance to build a career pathway in a shorter amount of time by concentrating on the most crucial skills needed to enter the profession through the one year graduate diploma course.
You’ll begin with a chain of your own design and work your way up to increasingly difficult modelling, fabrication, shaping, stone setting, and surface embellishment tasks. You will experiment with a range of materials and both conventional and cutting-edge approaches. Additionally, you’ll learn how to start or expand your own studio practice as well as how to effectively sell your art.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop sources of inspiration
- Understand jewelry design theory and artistry
- Illustrate shape, form, and texture of metal
- Render faceted gems, pearls, colored metals, etc.
- Learn traditional drafting techniques
- Develop motifs to create sketches of jewelry objects
- Create a portfolio of class projects and custom designs that is ready for presentation to potential clients and employers
Career Opportunities & Job Roles
The jewellery industry offers a wide range of career opportunities for course graduates, including design, repair, production, business, sales, merchandising, and supply. A few examples of specific roles are jewellery designer or repairer, stone setter, goldsmith, studio jeweller, manager, owner, or merchandiser of a jewellery store.
SEMESTER - I & II
|Diamond Grading & Identification
|CAD – Rhino – Basic Functions