The thriving fashion industry has catapulted the demand for trained fashion designers all over the world. One of the most coveted professional courses at present, it allows students to hone their creativity and designing talents.
Top fashion designing institutes in India are training students for a successful career in this field. Successful graduates can become fashion designers, textile designers, visual merchandisers, fashions marketers, etc.
Undergraduate, post-graduate and short-term courses are offered by various institutes. These courses educate and empower students to learn the tricks of the trade.
It trains them to create original designs, conceptualize new fashion trends and think innovatively. The focus is always on keeping the design practice so that it can easily make its transition from fashion runways to retail racks.
Types of Fashion Designing Courses
The top fashion designing institutes in India offer different types of fashion designing courses. Undergraduate, post-graduate and weekend classes can be attended to become professional fashion designers.
Depending on the institute and area of interest, you can choose from a range of courses.
Here is a list of some of the courses on offer.
- B. Sc in Fashion and Apparel Designing
- B. Sc in Fashion Business and Retail Management
- B. Sc in Lifestyle and Accessory Design
- B. Des (Fashion Design)
- B. Des (Textile Design)
- B. Des (Leather Design)
- B. Des (Accessory Design)
- B. Des (Knitwear Design)
- B. Des (Apparel Production)
- B. Des (Fashion Communication)
- B. A. (Hons) Fashion Design
- B. A. (Hons) Fashion Styling and Image Design
- B. A. (Hons) Communication Design
- B. A. (Hons) Jewellery Design
- MBA in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management
- MBA in Fashion Design and Business Management
- MBA in Textile Management
- M.Sc. in Fashion Designing
Undergraduate degree courses generally span from 3 to 4 years. Post-graduate degree programs consist of a 2-year curriculum.
If you are interested in short-term courses, there are a number of Diploma courses also. Let’s now take a look at the Diploma course offered by various institutes.
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Apparel Merchandising
- Diploma in Fashion Communication
- Advanced Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Specializations in Fashion Journalism/ Theatre Costume Designing/ Fashion Styling/ Fashion Forecasting/ Fashion & Law
Procedure for Admission
The best fashion designing colleges in Bangalore prefer to test the aptitude of students before enrolling them. Entrance tests vary from one college to the other.
Basic knowledge of fashion trends is required to pass the test. Students are evaluated on creativity, knowledge about various materials, techniques, fabrics, colors and natural flair for fashion.
For undergraduate Degree and Diploma courses in Fashion Designing, candidates need to pass their 12th examination. Candidates who have successfully completed their undergraduate courses are eligible for the post-graduate course.
Professionals looking to enhance their educational qualifications can opt for various specializations, depending on their area of interest.